Pediatrics in Brevard (PIB) recently partnered with Privia Medical Group (PMG)-Florida, a multi-specialty physician led group. While we look forward to the benefits of this partnership, we want to be clear, Pediatrics in Brevard remains an independent physician owned pediatric practice and continues to make all the decisions affecting our patients’ care.
Some of the benefits we expect with this partnership include increased efficiencies, a more user-friendly patient portal, and an integrated virtual visit software. There will be an impact on a few things for our patients. The primary change is the implementation of a new Electronic Health Record (EHR) and a new patient portal. Here are some timelines for our patients as we transition to our new EHR.
The current patient portal will go offline 6/14/2022
- This means users will no longer have access to the current patient portal on this date
- Patients/Parents who want their medical data should download and or print any medical data from the current portal prior to this date.
- Access to the new portal will be offered via email, at the time of appointment and/or via any request.
New Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- All billings/balances due for patients’ services/care received prior to 6/14/22 may continue to be paid online via our website, in person, via phone or via US Mail
- If you have a patient balance due for services before 6/14/22 and then for services on or after 6/14/22 you will receive two different statements as we close out our old software.
Insurance Plan participation
- PIB goes live on 6/14/22 with Athena our new EHR – We will have reduced schedules for the first two weeks as our doctors, nurse practitioners, clinical staff, front office, and billing teams learn this new software.
- Parents may be asked to sign/update some forms
- Parent/patients may be asked to confirm demographic data, contact information, pharmacy information, etc., so our new EHR accurately reflects your current information.
Pediatrics in Brevard would like to thank our patients and parents/guardians in advance for your patience as we transition to our new software. We look forward to continuing to be your choice of pediatricians and hope our new partnership allows us to better serve our patients.
- Parents/patients may receive letters from your insurance plan indicating our doctors and nurse practitioners may no longer be “in network” with your health plan effective 6/13/22. Please note while that is correct, PIB providers in partnership with PMG, will be “in network” with your health plan effective 6/14/22. The insurance plans typically forget to share this information with you.